Thursday, September 9, 2010

My New Favorite Website

"Dear Twilight Fans,
Thank you for making us look sane and well-adjusted.
I don't know if I'm way behind on this trend since I've been in the woods all summer, but yesterday on Stumbleupon.com I stumbled upon a site similar to FML, MLIA, Failbook, and Texts from Last Night, but way funnier. The name of the site is
dearblankpleaseblank.com and the idea is writing a letter to someone or something often complaining about something. The can be popular culture related like "Dear America, Can someone explain why Jersey Shore is popular but Arrested Development got cancelled? Sincerely, Confused" or "Dear Edward Cullen, You're doing it wrong! Sincerely, Dracula." They can be abstract like "Dear Amnesia, Have we forgotten this before? Sincerely, Deja Vu." They can be work related like "Dear Person claiming they already reset their computer, Yeah I don't believe you. Sincerely, IT support guy." They can be anything. The people on this site seem to be on my side in most of today's polarizing issues (it's sad that liking Twilight, The Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, or Sarah Palin are the things that really get people riled up these days. The ocean is full of oil, the found water on the moon, Theo Epstein did nothing to help the Sox make the playoffs, and this is what people are angry about?) as evidenced by "Dear Guitar Heroes,Please stop comparing your hobby to my hobby. You're missing strings. Sincerely, A Guitarist." It's my new favorite website to check every so often and I am working on writing my own submissions soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment