Monday, October 18, 2010

When Will People Learn?


I hope that someday, people figure it all out. I am not talking about the stuff about being nice to each other and accepting other people's religious beliefs and ethnic backgrounds and sexual orientation and stuff like that (not right now anyway); I am talking about the little disclaimers that get in our way on a daily basis. I realize there was once a time when not every car had a seatbelt, but in this day and age, I do not need to be told how to buckle up every time I go on an airplane. I get that companies do not want to get sued, but at this point, you have to be an idiot to be shocked that the cup of hot coffee you ordered is hot. I cannot wait for the day when Youtube and Hulu stop putting the "Press Esc to exit full screen mode" message right in the middle of the screen. Youtube videos have been a mainstay in American culture for a good five years now, and I think it is safe to say that if you can figure out how to put a video in full screen mode, you can figure out how to make it normal again. I do not want that stupid message blocking the picture I just made the to fit the full screen to see it better. I just want a world where we do not need disclaimers for things everybody knows how to do. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment